Pizza is a family favorite. This healthy version will help the whole family get their daily serving of vegetables!
Whole grain pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
1 jar tomato sauce (we like ours with big chunks of tomatoes)
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 tomato, sliced
1 pepper, diced
2 cups low-fat mozzarella
¾ cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and dry the spinach, pepper and tomato.
- On a floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll the pizza dough to desired thickness.
- Spray a baking sheet or pizza pan with non-stick spray and put the dough on it, spreading it out a little to get the desired shape, and pinching the ends to form a crust. Place dough in the oven for 3-5 minutes, so it is barely cooked, then remove it.
- Spoon on the tomato sauce, sprinkle the cheese, then place the vegetables on top of the pizza.
- Place the pizza in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, until cheese starts to turn brown and bubble.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Use a pizza slicer to cut the pizza and enjoy!