A delicious slow-cooker vegetarian dish that is fun to eat!
4 large green peppers
1 cup brown rice
1 jar of salsa
1 8 oz. can of corn, drained
1 10 oz. can of black beans, drained
1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
1 7 oz. can green chilies (found in the Mexican aisle, by the taco seasoning)
½ cup low-fat pepper jack cheese
Lime wedges and sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Wash and dry the peppers.
- Next, cut off the top of each pepper and remove the insides and seeds so they are hollow/empty.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Spoon the mixture into the peppers.
- Place each pepper into a slow cooker. Sprinkle the top of the pepper with a little more cheese and spoon on more salsa, if you prefer.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 6. When done, carefully remove peppers from slow cooker with a spatula (they will be hot!).
- Let cool for 10 minutes then serve with a lime wedge or low-fat sour cream.
Makes 4 servings