This healthy side dish will become a family favorite!
1 package of green beans, fresh or frozen
1 tomato, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced (or 1 tsp prepared, minced garlic)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Remove the ends of the green beans, and cut into desired lengths (or leave whole).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add the green beans, cooking for 5-10 minutes, until tender. When they are cooked to the consistency you like, drain the beans and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, turn the stovetop to medium high heat, and add olive oil to a skillet. Next, add the garlic and cook until it begins to brown slightly.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cooked beans to the skillet mix until the beans are thoroughly coated in olive oil.
- Serve hot on a plate or in a bowl, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.