We all know that it’s important to eat a healthy breakfast, but did you know that research has shown that kids who eat a healthy breakfast:
- are less likely to be overweight
- show improvement on math, reading and standardized test scores
- establish healthier eating habits for later in life
- have fewer absences and incidences of tardiness
- are more likely to behave better in school
- consume more calcium, fiber, folate, and protein
Those are some great reasons to take time to eat breakfast every morning. And every public or non-profit private school is eligible to receive federal funds for breakfast. We loved this story of how schools are bringing breakfast into the classroom and the results they are seeing!