An easy to make and healthy ice cream.
5 bananas, peeled
½ cup blueberries
1/3 cup almond milk or skim milk
- When bananas are at their peak ripeness, cut into quarters and place into a sealed bag.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
- The next day, remove frozen bananas from freezer and place in a blender.
- Add blueberries and milk, and then blend on high speed. Since the bananas will be frozen, you may need to stop the blender several times to push the pieces down with a spoon. When finished, the mixture should be smooth, with a consistency similar to ice cream.
- Put the mixture back into the freezer and freeze for one additional hour.
- Use an ice cream scoop to serve banana “ice cream” in bowls and top with berries for color!
Makes 5 servings